Zeptive is committed to Protecting your Privacy
“Personal Information” means any information about a person from which that person can be identified.
This Policy applies to the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information acquired by Zeptive when you use its services and/or products (the “Service”).
Who we are and how to contact us:
145 S. Bedford St.
Burlington, Massachusetts 01803
Phone: (617) 468-1500
You can contact us by email at email@example.com with the subject line “Attention: Privacy Officer,” and by mail at the above address.
Questions, comments, requests, and complaints regarding this policy and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to us by using the contact details above. All requests will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We use different methods to collect Personal Information from and about you, including, without limitation:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your information by corresponding with us or by signing up for the Services and entering your information either through the app or our website.
- Automated technologies: As you use the Service and its associated apps and website, it collects certain information through the use of passive technology; additionally, the Service collects data on the chemical signature, temperature, and other room-specific characteristics, which data can be accessed through the app and is stored in a third-party cloud.
Types of Information we may collect:
By using the Service or contacting us otherwise, you agree to the collection of the information set forth below:
• When you use the Service, you must provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as an email address. You may also voluntarily choose to provide us with personal information as you use the Services, including personal information about you, such as your address, phone number and company name (if you are a Client). If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. We may also retain any messages you send through the Service.
• When you submit an inquiry to our customer service, we may collect your name, email, and any other information regarding your inquiry as provided by you. Additionally, we will record and retain any further correspondence and interaction with us.
• The location, room-specific characteristics, and chemical signature of the air quality, as captured by the devices used in the Service.
We also collect, use, and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Information but does not reveal your identity.
Do we store, retain, or sell any Personal Information?
We do not sell any Personal Information. The data that is retained is that which is provided to us by you and your use of the Services, and it is stored in a secure manner. We use this data solely to provide you with and implement the Services.
Any data stored through a third-party service does not constitute Personal Information.
Any general usage information that we store or retain is Aggregated Data that does not reveal your identity and is used solely for analytics purposes to help us improve the Service. In the event of a sale, merger, or other change of control of Zeptive, this Aggregated Data may be transferred to another entity.
Use and sharing of Information:
We may use the information for the following purposes: to administer and provide the core functionality of the Services; improve our products and services; make our website, apps and products better; respond to your requests or questions or communicate with you about your account or our relationship; for security purposes; to protect our company, a Client, and/or our website and apps; or for promotional purposes.
We may share information with third parties to provide the functionality of the Services. These are third parties who perform services on our behalf.
We may also share information with our vendors who provide payment processing, hosting, customer support, email marketing, and other services to us.
We may share information to comply with the law. We will also share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves.
We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if all or a part of our business was sold, we may share information as part of that transaction.
We may otherwise share information with your permission.
Cookies and other tracking technologies:
Like many other services, the Service, whether directly and/or through third parties, may use "cookies" (which are small data files containing information about your use of a service that are stored locally on your device) and other similar tracking technologies (collectively, “Cookies”) to improve your user experience on the Service.
We may use various types of Cookies, such as Functional or Analytics Cookies, which give us aggregated information that enables us to improve the way our Service works, e.g. Google analytics.
Managing Cookies and opting out:
You may opt out of any such Cookies usage in the Service by sending an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or through your browser in its browser-based tracking tools. Please note that if you block cookies, certain features on the website may not work.
Categories of recipients of personal data:
Your personal data will be shared by us as described in this Policy. See the section titled “Use and sharing of information” for more details. The categories of recipients generally include: our vendors who make it possible for us to provide the Services, any successor to our business, and any governmental authority in compliance with the law.
We keep your personal information as long as is necessary to provide the functionality of the Services, or as otherwise required by law. If you would like to access your information or would like us to delete or modify your information, you may contact us by email at email@example.com or you may write to us at the address listed within this Policy. However, we may also keep your information as otherwise required by law.
To continue to provide an effective service, we may store non-personally identifiable information perpetually and may anonymize your personally identifiable information and store that anonymized information perpetually. Additionally, we use third-party services and do not control their practices related to storage and retention of your information.
Security of Personal Information:
We are committed to protecting your Personal Information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secured from any intrusion or malfunction.
Purposes and legal bases for processing:
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes described in this Policy. The legal grounds for our processing of your personal data are:
1. You provided your consent by agreeing to this Policy under the terms previously iterated, which you may withdraw at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. It is necessary for our contractual relationship;
3. It is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations; and/or
4. The processing is in our legitimate interest as a provider of the Services. Such interests include the protection of the security and integrity of our systems, our direct marketing (which you can opt out of), and providing you with customer service and the core functionality of the Service.
We reserve the right to change this policy from time to time at our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. We will provide advance notice of any such changes in a commercially reasonable manner, but please note that we may not have any access to Personal Information that allows us to contact you directly, such as an email address, mail address, or telephone number.
By continuing to use our site or our services or otherwise provide data after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this policy as modified.
You may have certain rights under the Data Protection Laws with respect to your personal data. Such rights may include, but are not limited to, the right to request access to your personal data, that your personal data be corrected or deleted, to restrict the processing of your personal data, or to object to processing of your personal data. To exercise such rights, you may contact us at email@example.com
Specifically, and without limiting your rights under the Data Protection Laws, you may do any of the following:
1. Request access to your personal data to be able to correct, amend, or delete such personal data where it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles;
2. Request that your personal data not be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which it was originally collected or for purposes subsequently authorized by you; or
3. Request that we do not disclose your personal data to third parties (other than those that are acting as our agent to perform tasks on our behalf, such as payment and data processors).
If you need further assistance, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the other means of contact listed above, and we will be happy to assist you.
Last updated: March 25, 2021